[Histonet] Recommended thickness of Amyloid sections

Morken, Timothy Timothy.Morken at ucsf.edu
Thu Apr 16 15:41:21 CDT 2020

Ken, yes, 8 to 10 um. The extra thickness make the bi-refringence under polarized light brighter. Also the deposits can be variable so even with the light microscope the reddish deposits will stain stronger with thicker sections.

Tim Morken
Supervisor, Electron Microscopy/Neuromuscular Special Studies
Department of Pathology
UC San Francisco Medical Center