[Histonet] Question concerning H-Pylori Staining

Ken M kdean70 at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 8 14:50:09 CDT 2020

Hi everyone!  We have a question about staining for H-Pylori Using Quick Stain (Periodic acid 1%, Alician Yellow, Sodium Metabisulfate,Toluidine Blue stock, Sodium Hydroxide) we notice what clearly  looks like the H-Pylori purple stained clusters, but after dehydration in 100% alcohol the purple clusters seem to disappear. Should we just dehydrate using a slide oven instead of the alcohol? For how long at what temp? Could the alcohol be affecting the purple color making it too light to see?

Michelle