[Histonet] Freezing Sprays in Cryostats

Shirley A. Powell POWELL_SA at mercer.edu
Fri Sep 27 09:38:25 CDT 2019

I agree with not using a spray in cryostats.  We had to get tested a few times in the hospital for TB after discovering the case was positive after the fact, scary.  This is the same as flushing the toilet with the seat open.  I know that sounds crazy but here is just one article of many online that explains the aerosol effect.
https://www.realtor.com/advice/home-improvement/flushing-the-toilet-with-the-lid-up-what-happens/

Please don't send me criticism for posting this, it is real. Read the articles. It is a good reason to stop using sprays in the cryostat.

Shirley Powell, HTL (ASCP)
Technical Director Histology Curricular Support Lab
Pathology
Mercer University School of Medicine
1550 College Street | Macon, GA | 31207
O:478-301-2374| F:478-301-5489