[Histonet] How do you section PPFE tissue in embedding rings?

Paula Keene Pierce paula at excaliburpathology.com
Thu Sep 5 14:04:14 CDT 2019

Hi,
I used embedding rings back in the 80s and still use the chuck adapter for large blocks. I do eyes.
I have a couple John's Hopkins chuck adapters and could loan you one.

Send me a picture of your microtome with a closeup of the chuck adapter to see if it will fit.
Do you have an old AO 820 sitting around? I know it will fit it.
The old Leica 1512s had an adapter that would work too.
Otherwise, I suggest just re-embedding.
Paula Keene Pierce, BS, HTL(ASCP)HTPresidentExcalibur Pathology, Inc.5830 N Blue Lake DriveNorman, OK 73069PH 405-759-3953http://www.excaliburpathology.com

A sharp knife is nothing without a sharp eye. - Klingon Proverb