[Histonet] Reprocessing tissue

Simmons, Christopher simmca at UPMC.EDU
Tue Sep 3 16:20:50 CDT 2019

There are several papers on this. We did a purposeful underprocess and cut and stained it, then reprocessed as normal and compared. The results were eye-opening in terms of how good it worked, but you need to factor in that the second processing will diminish IHC staining quality.

________________________________
From: Cassie P. Davis via Histonet <histonet at lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
Sent: Tuesday, September 3, 2019 1:54:13 PM
To: Perl , Alison <aperl at caremount.com>
Cc: 'Cassie P. Davis via Histonet' <histonet at lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
Subject: Re: [Histonet] Reprocessing tissue

Thank to those who responded so quickly. It happens maybe once a quarter. It happened today because the programs got switched: large tissue processed on biopsy program. I've heard of folks doing it this way with the theroy the paraffin protects the processed tissue. I'm just old school I guess. I don't know if this has been vaildated, I will have to ask our Lead when she gets back from vacation.
Thanks for teaching me my something new today!

Cassie Davis
Histology Department
Anatomical Pathology Laboratory
302-575-8095