[Histonet] procuring fresh tumor tissue

Curt Tague c.tague at pathologyarts.com
Thu Oct 17 11:00:18 CDT 2019

Hello again histonet-ers-

I am working with a company do validate a new rapid (another new) tissue processor... we are currently in the process of submitting a proof of concept paper to CAP then will submit a formal white paper with  data. What I am curious about is locating tumor tissue that can be used to parallel this study, obviously one part processed with the standard process we are all accustomed to and the other piece processed with this new technology. We are running all the necessary tests to show consistency and comparable results, H&E, special stains, IHC, DNA and RNA extraction... what I could use a little help with is sourcing some tumor that has not been in formalin for weeks and weeks... specifically breast tumor and possibly lung tumor to demonstrate all the downstream tests are not compromised with this technology.
Is there any source out there someone could recommend and/or, if you are in a large hospital setting, is that something you might be able to assist with, when a tumor is identified and not entirely needed for diagnostics?

All the best to you all, thanks for your thoughts,

Curt