[Histonet] worm contaminate

Jeanne Blanchard jblanchard at reliapath.com
Mon Oct 14 09:46:02 CDT 2019

We've been having sporadic issues of worm contaminates found in certain specimens.  We've narrowed the culprit, I think at least, to be the biopsy bags (t-bags) we use for our cell blocks or to filter specimens.  Has anyone else had issues like this?  And/or any suggestions as to what else it could be?  I've had the embedding centers cleaned, gotten a new batch of biopsy bags, and have made sure the biopsy bags are kept in their original container and/or kept closed (and the container used cleaned) - but it still happened (about a month later, but happened nonetheless).

Jeanne Blanchard, CT (ASCP)CM