[Histonet] contaminating patient requesition forms

Morken, Timothy Timothy.Morken at ucsf.edu
Tue Nov 12 12:21:11 CST 2019

Paula, we use Cerner Copath Plus and scan into the case all requisitions and any other paperwork at accessioning.  The person grossing uses the barcode on  hard copy requisition to access the case but the hard copy stays in the gross room so no contaminated paperwork (or any paperwork at all) ever leaves the dirty area.  However, they normally review the paperwork before starting the grossing, and normally change gloves if they are dirty, so contamination is not usually a problem.

Tim Morken
Supervisor, Electron Microscopy/Neuromuscular Special Studies
Department of Pathology
UC San Francisco Medical Center