[Histonet] Histotech job opening

Patricia Latham pslath at gwu.edu
Tue May 21 16:43:56 CDT 2019

Hello Histonet users,
I would like to make you aware of a job opportunity, You can apply at
https://www.gwu.jobs
and look for Research and Post Doctoral Scientist
<https://www.gwu.jobs/hr/postings?position_type_id=6>/Laboratory Associate,
Pathology Core Lab <https://www.gwu.jobs/hr/postings/66770>
or feel free to call me for more info (202-994-5057)
Patricia Latham, Lab Director

*Histotechnology*

A wage account position is immediately available for a person with skills
in histotechnology in a research pathology core laboratory in the GWU
School of Biomedical Sciences. This person will be expected to work
independently to assist in maintaining a histology laboratory, including
ordering of supplies, washing glassware and maintaining equipment for
optimal function, daily logs with inventory of specimens and blocks,
labeling of samples and slides, tissue processing and embedding, microtome
and cryostat sections, routine stains, special stains and immunostains with
appropriate controls, as required to meet the needs of researchers at GWU.
Experience in laboratory research preferred.

*Entry level qualifications:*

·      Bachelor’s degree in a clinical science with a course in Histology
or equivalent combination of training and experience.

·      Experience as a Histotechnologist

·      Preferred eligibility or certification as a or Histotechnician

·      Preferred experience working in a research setting.