[Histonet] stainer v. stainer

Perl , Alison aperl at cmmedical.com
Wed Mar 13 15:08:14 CDT 2019

Hi all
We are getting ready to purchase a new H&E stainer/coverslipper, and are considering the Sakura Prisma Plus (tape) and the Leica Spectra (glass). Does anyone have good or bad feedback on either instrument, and/or tape v. glass? We've always had glass, but of course the coverslippers need more maintenance, take longer to dry, more expensive than tape, etc etc. So we are very interested in tape, but still a little hesitant about the old problems of yellowing and peeling after 10+ years. Since we're in NY, we have to keep all slides for 20 years....

Any thoughts are appreciated!

Alison Perl, HTL(ASCP)CM
Anatomic Pathology Manager
CareMount Medical
110 South Bedford Rd
Mount Kisco, NY 10549
(914) 302-8424
aperl at cmmedical.com<mailto:aperl at cmmedical.com>
www.caremountmedical.com<http://www.caremountmedical.com/>

This email and its attachments, if any, may contain confidential or proprietary information and are intended solely for authorized use by the intended recipient(s) only. Any other use of this email is prohibited. If you have received this email in error, you are hereby notified that any retention, disclosure, copying, forwarding, distribution (in whole or in part and whether electronically, written and/or orally) and/or taking of any action in reliance on this email, its contents and/or any attachments thereto is strictly prohibited. If you received this email in error, please notify the sender by replying to this message and permanently delete this email, and any attachments thereto, from your system immediately.