[Histonet] Cell Marque HSV II

O'Neil, Beth beth.oneil1 at wvumedicine.org
Fri Jun 28 13:57:50 CDT 2019

For those of you who use Cell Marques HSV II polyclonal rabbit antibody (382A-18-ASR) were you aware that they sent out information last year stating that their antibody source  was discontinued and that they would be using a different antibody source (I guess the rabbit died - sorry, I just had to say that)?  I wasn't aware of this until I spent many, many days troubleshooting as to why my positive control wasn't working.  After contacting Cell Marque Technical support I discovered that my product was replaced with 382A-78-ASR (they didn't give me any indication that they were sending a different catalogue number).  Anyways, now I have to re-optimize and re-validate and I'm experiencing difficulty.  Since it is an ASR I am unable to receive any help in doing this so I'm reaching out to my fellow histonetters.  Have any of you experienced a drastic change in your protocols when using the new polyclonal  antibody?

    Beth Ann O'Neil
    oneilb at wvumedicine.org<mailto:oneilb at wvumedicine.org>