[Histonet] Special Stain Wash

Cassie P. Davis CDavis at che-east.org
Fri Jul 12 09:45:30 CDT 2019

Happy Friday Histoland,

          I realize we've had quite a bit of discussion over the past couple of years about the Special Stain Wash not lasting as long and could possibly be why sometimes the reason the silvers don't turn out as nice as they used to on the NEXES special stainer.  My question is, has anyone tried making the working solution from the concentrate in smaller batches and does it help or does the concentrate seem to expire as soon as you open it? It seems to affect only our GMS, the other stains seem fine. It's been a challenge to try to figure it out. Even though my boss put the new stainer on the budget request, I still want to give our best care. Thanks in advance for sharing you experience.

Cassandra Davis
Histology Technician
AP Laboratory
302-575-8095
Email:  CDavis at che-east.org<mailto:CDavis at che-east.org>

Confidentiality Notice:
This e-mail, including any attachments is the property of Trinity Health and is intended for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). It may contain information that is privileged and confidential.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this message, and reply to the sender regarding the error in a separate email.