[Histonet] LIS order entry

Eck, Allison aeck at dh.org
Fri Jan 18 13:03:59 CST 2019

Hello Histonet!

I am curious if anyone would be willing to share their computer order entry experiences.  Our current process is the order is placed on the floor, in the OR, etc and a paper copy is sent down to us with the specimen.  Once we receive the order, we have to manually re enter all of the data into the pathology order.  There has been some discussion about the possibility of having orders cross over to us.  I was wondering (regardless of LIS) what processes are out there.  Is everyone doing it the same as us or do most labs have the order intergration?

Thanks
Allison