[Histonet] Grossing large ellipse melanomas

Anne Murvosh amurvosh at advancederm.net
Tue Jan 8 10:11:24 CST 2019

We are starting to keep our melanomas in-house now that we have a better processor, however I could use some tips or tricks on cutting large fatty skin ellipse specimens. My problem I think, is too small a knife, the specimens are not cutting even and the fat is getting in the way. So any suggestions or links to grossing techniques would be appreciated. Also, any ideas on better cutting utensils for these. Thanks Anne Murvosh HT