[Histonet] Derm IHC question

Cartun, Richard Richard.Cartun at hhchealth.org
Fri Feb 8 11:29:42 CST 2019

Doesn't sound like a fixation issue to me.  Could the tissue be drying out before it's placed in formalin?  Also, are these specimens inked for assessment of margins?  I've seen ink interfere with immunoreactivity.

Richard

Richard W. Cartun, MS, PhD
Director, Histology & The Martin M. Berman, MD Immunopathology/Morphologic Proteomics Laboratory
Director, Biospecimen Collection Programs
Assistant Director, Anatomic Pathology
Hartford Hospital
80 Seymour Street
Hartford, CT  06102