[Histonet] Tissue Contamination

Garrey Faller garreyf at gmail.com
Tue Aug 27 12:35:57 CDT 2019

I agree with the comments made.
How do Histotechs mitigate the risk?
Do they use water? Do they just place the forceps back into the hot well/holder at the embedder? What is the best way to ensure safe embedding by the Histotech?

Although rare, contaminants do end up in blocks. The grosser says it’s the Histotech at fault. The Histotech says it’s the grosser.

I once inspected a lab and I witnessed the use of a microbiology flame sterilizer to sterilize the Histotech forceps between biopsies.   Never seen that before.

Garrey

Sent from my iPhone