[Histonet] Tissue Contamination

Joe W. Walker, Jr. jwwalker at rrmc.org
Tue Aug 27 10:36:43 CDT 2019

We utilize small, disposable absorbent pads, which also absorb the formalin fumes.  We obtain ours through Leica/former Surgipath.  They work well and are changed in between cases. Each case utilizes a new scalpel blade and forceps are rinsed in water between cases.  I am not aware of any cross over of tissues between cases when utilizing these practices.

Joe W. Walker, Jr. MS, SCT(ASCP)
Anatomical Pathology Manager
joewalker at rrmc.org, www.rrmc.org