[Histonet] Respirator Masks for dumping tissue

Carol G Fields cfields at mlkch.org
Fri Aug 16 10:59:54 CDT 2019

Hi,
If you are in an area where a company named Stericycle is available, they decant the formalin and dispose of the tissue for you.  Our tissue is collected in barrels, they are picked up and Stericycle handles the rest.  If you add up your employees time plus all the safety issues involved in the process you may be able to justify this method of disposal.  They handle all the waste for several departments in our hospital.  This is so much better than exposing employees to this process.
Good Luck,
Carole

Carole Fields, HT (ASCP)
Lead Histotechnologist, Pathology Laboratory
Martin Luther King Jr. Community Hospital

1680 E. 120th Street
Los Angeles, CA 90059
Fax# 424-296-3932
cfields at mlkch.org