[Histonet] 5% Chromic acid disposal

Bryan Llewellyn llewllew at shaw.ca
Thu Apr 11 13:26:01 CDT 2019

I suspect disposal might vary depending on the State. I live in British
Columbia and we had permission from out city (Prince George) to use a
dribble tank with lots of water and flush them into the local river (The
Fraser), but I opted to collect all the toxic chemicals and ship them
periodically to a facility in our neighboring Province of Alberta for
recovery and reuse. There must be facilities of that kind somewhere in
the United States, I would think. That is probably the best option. We
used the same procedure for mercury salts, osmium tetroxide, etc.

Bryan Llewellyn