[Histonet] Frozen sections and cold acetone...

Bryan Llewellyn llewllew at shaw.ca
Thu Oct 25 13:54:04 CDT 2018

Cold acetone, and cold ethanol, were used to fix tissues because they
left enzymes unaffected and still demonstrable. This was in the early
days of enzyme histochemistry. Pearse' Histochemistry: Theoretical and
applied,3rd edition, volume 1, page 85 discusses it. I could send a scan
if you wanted.

Bryan Llewellyn