[Histonet] Competency signoff CAP

Morken, Timothy Timothy.Morken at ucsf.edu
Mon Oct 8 10:49:45 CDT 2018

Charles, for grossing you do need to show competency for the types of specimens they are allowed to gross.

Histology "competency" is not required under CLIA because it is not high complexity  (no "testing" is done. The "test" is the pathologists interpretation). Therefore, your histology competency is whatever you define within your institution.

Tim Morken
Supervisor, Electron Microscopy/Neuromuscular Special Studies
Department of Pathology
UC San Francisco Medical Center