[Histonet] Detached vinyl coverslips - any advice on reattachment?

Gordon Brown gordon at 10db.co.uk
Thu Nov 15 16:13:14 CST 2018

I should have mentioned that the section invariably remains attached to these vinyl coverslips when they become detached from the slides. If they had remained on the slides we wouldn't have a problem as we are used to restoring much older, Victorian slides that use Canada Balsam as a mountant. In this instance our options are obviously limited by lack of understanding how the coverslips are applied and that coverslipping sysrem works.

Gordon