[Histonet] pathologic staging

Eck, Allison aeck at dh.org
Mon Nov 12 10:25:02 CST 2018

Good morning histonet
I have a question that is more for a pathologist but I am hoping some of you can help.  When staging cancer cases (namely breast), there are 2 stagings, pathologic and clinical  As per the AJCC, the pathologic staging includes  information defined at surgery and clinical staging is determined by using information prior to surgery or neoadjuvant therapy.  My question is: Are pathologists responsible for staging both the clinical and the pathologic stage?  If not, do you know who does the clinical staging?

Thanks
Allison

Allison Eck, HTL(ASCP)cm,QLS, AHI(AMT),CEAS1
Lead Tech Histology
Doylestown Hospital
595 W State St
Doylestown, PA 18901