[Histonet] Cost per test averages

Frazier, John john.frazier at roche.com
Sat Nov 10 13:54:19 CST 2018

I’m a vendor that sells an H&M staining product, so I’m not going to
attempt to give you what the average cost per of a H&E stained slide.
What I will tell you is that when looking at cost per slide you need
to calculate more than your consumables. Those are going to be your
capital cost. You also need to calculate in your labor cost. Those are
gonna be your operational dollars.
The reason why I say that is that some strainers are more efficient
than other stainer. Not just in the staining process itself but in the
overall maintenance, reagent management and waste control cost.
Remember when using labor dollars you want to calculate that using
fully burdens dollars.
Be complete in the way that you calculate your overall cost per slide

John Frazier, MBA, MT(ASCP)
Strategic Workflow Consulting
Roche Diagnostics