[Histonet] Policy bariatric patient for autopsy

Bob Richmond rsrichmond at gmail.com
Sat Nov 10 13:03:41 CST 2018

I don't understand Lorraine Smallwood's question:

>>Can anyone give me info on the CAP inspection packet regarding policy for
bariatric patient for autopsy? I am a new "Histonet" junkie so any help
from the experts will be greatly appreciated.<<

CAP inspections don't concern themselves with details of pathologic
technique. Are you asking whether they have a policy for refusing autopsies
on bodies so obese that the autopsy is difficult to do, or for performing
the autopsy? Or a policy for what information to record in doing an autopsy
on a patient who's had bariatric surgery?

When I Googled "autopsy bariatric surgery" I found references for both of
my questions.

Bob Richmond
Samurai Pathologist
Maryville TN