[Histonet] FW: Ventana Optiview kit

Lima, Teresa Teresa.Lima at bmc.org
Thu May 31 13:18:12 CDT 2018

Hello Histonetters,
Is anyone having issues with increased background staining of routine antibodies like keratins, CD markers and neuroendocrine markers using Ventana's antibodies with the Optiview kit? We are down to 4 minute antigen retrieval and primary antibody incubation times and still getting nonspecific staining. Our medical director thinks their prediluted antibodies are too concentrated for the kit. There are just a handful of their antibodies that are approved for this kit so there are no protocols in the package inserts. When we ran their breast markers with Optiview the positivity rate was incomparable to the results we get with UltraView and since the breast markers are not FDA cleared for OptiView we did not switch them over. It made our pathologists very apprehensive that with OptiView our Her2 validation cases became very positive and did not correlate with our UltraView stained slides and our FISH results. I look forward to your insights.
Thanks everyone!
Terri

This electronic transmission may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify me immediately as use of this information is strictly prohibited.