[Histonet] Warm up freezer-stored powder, or use right away?

Morken, Timothy Timothy.Morken at ucsf.edu
Thu May 24 13:48:22 CDT 2018

We have a debate going on for those freezer-stored powdered chemicals used for enzyme histochemistry.
One side says warm up the container to room temperature before opening in order to prevent water condensation in the container/powder.
The other side says to use right away and put back in the freezer to avoid long exposure at room temperature.

I'd like to hear pros and cons of each and any references stating one practice or the other.

Thanks!

Tim Morken
Pathology Site Manager, Parnassus
Supervisor, Electron Microscopy/Neuromuscular Special Studies
Department of Pathology
UC San Francisco Medical Center