[Histonet] Molecular Testing

Erin McCarthy emcca2 at gmail.com
Tue May 22 17:26:07 CDT 2018

Hi All,

When cutting for NGS testing what additional measures do you take to
minimize contamination? We are a pretty clean outfit here, but still, have
some trace sample carryover occurring in cases we cut in-house. We already
use a fresh blade with every case, use tools like forceps instead of
fingers to transfer sections from our blade to our bath, and wipe down the
blade holder and water bath surface between every case.

Our NGS team is finding very small - like flake sized bits - of
contamination in samples, we do not know for sure that it is from cutting.
However, they want all departments to troubleshoot. Any suggestions would
be a great help!