[Histonet] Surepath V/s thin pre

Webster, Thomas S. twebster at CRH.org
Tue May 15 12:18:59 CDT 2018

Thinprep has a higher unsatisfactory rate for Pap tests. The filters get clogged up and cells end up stuck in the vial. Someone in the lab will need to dedicate time to reprocessing unsatisfactory Thinprep specimens if you choose them. If Paps are affected then it isn't a stretch to assume Non-gyns aren't as cellular as they could be sometimes due to material clogging the filter up. We have the old T2000 processor for Thinprep which is very time consuming. Our volume has dropped so much that there is no chance of getting one of their newer processors.

HPV primary screening was one advantage Thinprep had, but now BD (Surepath) has an FDA approved HPV test for primary screening so that advantage is gone.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
This e-mail message, including all attachments, is for the sole use of the
information. You may NOT use, disclose, copy or disseminate this
information.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the
sender by reply e-mail immediately.  Please destroy all copies of the
original message and all attachments. Your cooperation is greatly
appreciated.
Columbus Regional Hospital
2400 East 17th Street
Columbus, Indiana 47201