[Histonet] Paraffin infiltration issue, will this impact IHC?

Greg Dobbin greg.dobbin at gmail.com
Wed May 9 13:26:57 CDT 2018

Hi Merissa,
As far as I am aware, insufficient paraffin infiltration would only affect
sectioning. The epitopes that we we are attempting to stain with IHC are
affected by pre-analytic factors such as fixation, cold ischemic time and
perhaps heat (too much) but plus or minus wax should not be an issue if you
are able to obtain good sections. Have you stained these poorly infiltrated
specimens with H&E? Are you certain you have good sections with all tissue
components represented? That would be my main concern.
Greg

--
*Greg Dobbin*
1205 Pleasant Grove Rd

*Everything in moderation...even moderation itself**!*