[Histonet] cryosections for LCM not staying on slides

M.O. modz9636 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 16:34:20 CDT 2018

Hello Histonet,

I am just starting a project using LCM for RNA extraction. So far, our
tissues haven't stayed on the slides very well. We are using the Acrturus
LCM staining kit.

We've taken meniscus at 10, 20, 30, and 40uM sections and started the
staining process with (10mins at room temp) and without drying. We want to
make sure not to degrade any RNA. Some tissues stay on the slides through
to the xylenes, but when we air dry for 5mins, they begin to shrink and
pick up from the slides.

Our next trial will be with thinner sections, and also trying a short PFA
fixation for 10mins.

Do you have any suggestions for keeping these sections on the slides and
not causing issues with RNA?

Thank you for any advice you may have. Sincerely,

Merissa