[Histonet] FW: Antibody Validation CLIA

Normington Lacy LNormington at uwhealth.org
Fri Mar 16 13:05:10 CDT 2018

For the validation, yes you have to run negative cases.  This is to verify that tissue you know should not stain, does not do so.  For example, let's say you are validation H.pylori.  You have 10 cases where you know the patient has H.pylori bacteria in a gastric biopsy (positive staining).  You also need to run 10 samples of normal gastric tissue to verify there is no staining (negative staining). What you are thinking about is negative reagent control which is used to determine if there is non-specific staining.

Lacy