[Histonet] Antibody Validation CLIA

Normington Lacy LNormington at uwhealth.org
Fri Mar 16 12:16:31 CDT 2018

CAP suggests running 10 negative and 10 positive cases for non-prognostic markers.
CAP required running 20 negative and 20 positive cases for  prognostic markers.

In the event the case volume is less than the suggested 10 and 10 cases for non-prognostic markers, the reason for that decision should be stated in the validation.  Ultimately, the decision is up to your director.

Lacy Normington, HTL(ASCP)CM
Manager, Surgical Pathology Lab Services UW Health
600 Highland Avenue
Madison, WI 53792-2472