[Histonet] Identification of bacteria on an acrylic lens prosthesis

Terri Braud tbraud at holyredeemer.com
Fri Mar 9 13:30:27 CST 2018

I'm certified in EM. My suggestion would be to use SEM as opposed to TEM. The scanning electron microscope (SEM) can also be useful to reveal morphological features of isolated organisms as well as for diagnosis.  There are numerous articles citing this technique. I believe the UC Berkley has an SEM in their lab.    I hope this helps.  Terri

Terri L. Braud, HT(ASCP)
Anatomic Pathology Supervisor
Laboratory
Holy Redeemer Hospital
1648 Huntingdon Pike
Meadowbrook, PA 19046
ph: 215-938-3689
fax: 215-938-3874
Care, Comfort, and Heal

Today's Topics:
   1. Prosthetic lens processing, cutting? (Morken, Timothy)
Message: 1