[Histonet] Prosthetic lens processing, cutting?

Morken, Timothy Timothy.Morken at ucsf.edu
Thu Mar 8 13:30:35 CST 2018

Hi all,

Does anyone have any experience with embedding an acrylic prosthetic lens for EM, or any other way ? We have a case where they wanted EM on a lens to identify a  specific bacteria. We have never done it and it would take some work to figure it out. Also, I told them that unless there is some morphologic marker for the bacteria, EM would not help much identifying it.

Any ideas?

Any labs that handle this kind of thing? They are willing to send it out.

Tim Morken
Pathology Site Manager, Parnassus
Supervisor, Electron Microscopy/Neuromuscular Special Studies
Department of Pathology
UC San Francisco Medical Center