[Histonet] inhouse procedures in histotechnics

Gudrun Lang gu.lang at gmx.at
Sun Jun 10 10:04:29 CDT 2018

Hi!

What would you say is an inhouse-procedure in a typical clinical histo-lab. The question is regarded to accredidation in quality
management.

I'm asked to make a list of all inhouse-procedures. Special staining protocols? Immunhisto on stainer?

I think histolabs are hardly comparable to typical medical/chemical labs with mainly commercial kits on instruments.
Changing some duration of a staining incubation to get a better result - is this inhouse-made then??

What is the golden standard of all our stainings to refer to? Giemsa 1901? Masson 1929? Klebs (Paraffin embedding) 1871?
Wissowzky,Busch (H&E) 1876?   Mayer (hemalaun) 1891?  ... and so on; you know what I mean?

I think this is similar to a restaurant-kitchen, where each recipe is usually inhouse-made, although everyone is cooking "Pasta".
Especially if you do the stainings by hand. (grumbling....)

I know QM makes the lab-world better, but sometimes it is too much for me. ; )

Would be happy to get some input.

thanks in advance

Gudrun Lang

Austria