[Histonet] Warm up freezer-stored powder, or use right away?

Morken, Timothy Timothy.Morken at ucsf.edu
Fri Jun 1 13:53:15 CDT 2018

Here is the answer I got from Sigma-Aldrich Tech Support.

" We would not recommend bringing the entire bottle up to room temperature to weigh.  Repeated freeze/thaw cycles can degrade the product. If you are worried about ice crystals affecting weight, you can bring a small sample up to room temp before weighing, or weigh out directly from the cold bottle and reweigh after equilibration."

Tim Morken
Pathology Site Manager, Parnassus
Supervisor, Electron Microscopy/Neuromuscular Special Studies
Department of Pathology
UC San Francisco Medical Center