[Histonet] Histology position in Beautiful Montery, CA

Eileen Akemi Allison akemiat3377 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 29 22:01:47 CST 2018

HISTOLOGY POSITION IN BEAUTIFUL MONTEREY, CA

ATTENTION HISTOLOGISTS who meet CLIA grossing regulations and are HT or HTL certified. We have an opening in our pathology laboratory to meet the need of our growing medical group.

Our lab has a formalin-free environment with new Milestone microwave hybrid tissue processing technology, Leica 2255 microtomes, a new Leica embedding center, a Leica H&E stainer, and a new Sakura cassette and slide printer.

GI experience preferred, but we will train a knowledgeable and willing candidate. We insist on quality embedding and microtomy skills. Duties to include (but not limited to): grossing, embedding, microtomy, limited manual special stains, manual coverslipping, general histology and histology related clerical duties, accessioning, and data entry into our AP Easy LIS System.

The right candidate is reliable, self-motivated, articulate, and well versed with anatomy identifications. Must be adept with Microsoft, Excel, and possess excellent keyboarding skills.

The lab is located in a private practice Gastroenterology medical group in beautiful Monterey, CA., near the world-famous Pebble Beach and Carmel-by-the-Sea. This job is full-time days, Monday through Friday with NO WEEKEND’s and no travel. We offer a benefits package including medical, dental and vision insurance, paid holidays, vacation, sick accrual and a profit sharing 401K plan. Salary is negotiable depending on experience.

Job Type: Full-time  Please forward your cover letter and Resume to:

Akemi Allison, BS, HT (ASCP) HTL
Pathology Manager
Monterey Bay GI Consultants
23 Upper Ragsdale Drive, Suite 200