[Histonet] Histology Opening in Beautiful Monterey, CA

Eileen Akemi Allison akemiat3377 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 13 15:02:15 CST 2018

ATTENTION HISTOLOGISTS! Do you know of anyone who is looking for a job? We have an opening in our pathology laboratory located in a private practice Gastroenterology Medical Group in beautiful Monterey, CA.  It is a great opportunity for someone who is HT or HTL certified. The candidate must also meet CLIA grossing regulations.

Our lab has a formalin-free environment with new Milestone microwave hybrid tissue processing technology, Leica 2255 Microtome's, New Leica Embedding Center and Leica H&E Stainer.

GI experience helpful, but we will train a knowledgeable and willing candidate. We insist on quality embedding and cutting skills. Duties to include (but not limited to): accessioning, data entry into our AP Easy LIS System, grossing, embedding, microtomy, limited manual special stains, manual coverslipping, general histology and histology related clerical duties. The right candidate is reliable, self-motivated, articulate and well versed with anatomy identifications. Must be adept with Microsoft, Excel, and having excellent typing skills.

Full Time Days, Monday through Friday with NO WEEKEND’S!  We offer A benefits package including medical, dental and vision insurance, paid holidays, vacation, sick accrual and a profit sharing 401K plan.  Salary is negotiable depending on experience. If you are interested, or if you know of someone, contact me and I will give you more details.

Akemi Allison, BS, HT/HTL (ASCP)
Pathology Manager
Monterey Bay GI Consultants
23 Upper Ragsdale Drive, Suite 200