[Histonet] New Cap cross contamination at gross bench

Roy, Ryan Ryan.Roy at va.gov
Fri Jan 12 09:39:05 CST 2018

Anyone out there see the new CAP requirement regarding cross contamination at gross bench and cleaning of forceps.

How are other people planning to comply. My supervisor has instructed me to use a Germinatior 500 at gross bench and at Embedd center.

I have no experience using these sterilizers but my initial thought is that I will need to be really careful not to inadvertently apply too much heat to the tissue.

Any thoughts appreciated,

Ryan Roy HTL (ASCP)
Manchester VA Medical Center