[Histonet] GROSSING UNDER DIRECT SUPERVISION OF A PATHOLOGIST

Jason McGough jmcgough at clinlab.com
Mon Jan 8 17:11:11 CST 2018

Here are the CAP Regulations:

ANP.11605 Gross Examination - Non-Pathologist Phase II

When individuals other than a pathologist or pathology resident assist in gross examinations, the extent of their activities and the nature of supervision (direct vs. indirect) is defined in a written protocol.

NOTE: This protocol must list the specific types of specimens for which non-pathologists are permitted to assist in the gross examination. The nature of the supervision must be established individually, for each non-pathologist. The laboratory director is responsible for this protocol. For Mohs surgery a dermatologist is also qualified to perform the gross examination and to supervise non-pathologists.