[Histonet] P16 Antibody

Jason McGough jmcgough at clinlab.com
Fri Feb 16 10:31:11 CST 2018

We are looking to bring in P16 to do in house but are having a hard time getting the stain to be clean. We are having issues with positive staining on tissue that should be negative. We are working with a concentrated antibody that we have diluted out to 1:6000 (which is 6 times the amount suggested from vendors 1:200-1:1000). We might need to change clones or vendors and were wondering if you could tell us what kind of p16 (clone) you use for staining and possible what vendor you get it from? Any information or suggestions you have would greatly be appreciated. Thank you.

Jason McGough, HT(ASCP)

Operations Manager
Clinical Laboratory of the Black Hills
605-343-2267