[Histonet] Tissue Processor

Terri Braud tbraud at holyredeemer.com
Mon Feb 5 12:36:52 CST 2018

After 40 years of using primarily Miles/Tissue Tek, we recently purchased 2 Leica ASP 6025.  With the exception of a small glitch with faulty sensors, and a learning curve to get used to them, I would highly recommend them.  We had replaced an ancient K series(with the magnet) and a VIP 5.
The quality and speed of the processing from the Leica's is incredible.  We had great tech support in setting up and validating processing protocols.  We ended up using several of their pre-set protocols which worked great, especially for the processing of large tissues.  I was expecting better processing than our ancient Tissue Tek, but the idea that it outperformed the VIP 5 surprised me.  Reagents are a snap to exchange and the software/screen is very user friendly.
I hope this helps, Terri

Terri L. Braud, HT(ASCP)
Anatomic Pathology Supervisor
Laboratory
Holy Redeemer Hospital
1648 Huntingdon Pike
Meadowbrook, PA 19046
ph: 215-938-3689
fax: 215-938-3874
Care, Comfort, and Heal
Today's Topics:

   1. tissue processor (Lisa Brenner)
Message: 1
From: "Lisa Brenner" <lisab at hollandhospital.org>
Subject: [Histonet] tissue processor
Hello,
   We are in the market for a new vacuum infiltrating tissue processor. Our old VIP has been a work horse but needs replacing. What is everyone using? What works well? What's new?
Lisa Brenner
******