[Histonet] Multi-Tumor Controls for IHC Validation

Miranda Giorgi mgiorgi at incdx.com
Mon Dec 31 12:39:39 CST 2018

Hello,

Does anyone use multi tumor tissue controls for their IHC validations?  If so, what do you use in them?

We have been staining multi-tumor controls with our validation sets on top of the 10 positive and 10 negative cases to test specificity, but we are wondering if this is necessary.  Plus, the blocks are sometimes difficult to maintain.  I'd love to hear what other labs are doing.

Thank you,

Miranda Giorgi, HTL (ASCP)cm
Histology Manager
Incyte Diagnostics
509-892-2744

This e-mail and any attachments may contain CONFIDENTIAL information, including PROTECTED HEALTH INFORMATION. If you are not the intended recipient, any use or disclosure of this information is STRICTLY PROHIBITED; you are requested to delete this e-mail and any attachments, notify the sender immediately, and notify the InCyte Privacy Officer at privacy at incdx.com or call (509) 892-2700.