[Histonet] LTP fluid with Phenol

Terri Braud tbraud at holyredeemer.com
Thu Aug 23 13:01:59 CDT 2018

Here is the approximate chemical make-up of LTP with Phenol.  (LTP stands for Long Term Preservation)
Ethanol  48.%
Formaldehyde 20.%
Ethylene Glycol 4.%
Phenol 11.%
Glutaraldehyde 4.%

Due to the presence of Ethylene Glycol, I would let the tissue set in a separate container of 10% Neutral Buffered Formalin for 24 hours before processing as usual.
I hope this helps. Terri

Terri L. Braud, HT(ASCP)
Anatomic Pathology Supervisor
Laboratory
Holy Redeemer Hospital
1648 Huntingdon Pike
Meadowbrook, PA 19046
ph: 215-938-3689
fax: 215-938-3874
Care, Comfort, and Heal

 4. cadaver tissue processing for histology (Preiszner, Johanna)

Message: 4