[Histonet] Request for Partnership for HT Students

Komal Gada kjgada at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 10:27:17 CDT 2018

Hello Histo-netters,

I am writing once again on the behalf of Keiser University's Associates in
Histotechnology program. The education of future histotechs through this
program consists of eight months of classroom / lab instruction followed by
two months of a clinical rotatation (externship). Currently, we partner
with many facilities in Central Florida to ensure our students receive the
best possible experience and graduate as competent Histotechs.

I am reaching out to offer this opportunity to partner with Keiser
University as a possible externship site for anyone interested. In becoming
an affiliate site. You would agree to accept a Histotechnology student that
meets your approval, and host them through their externship. In return, you
will gain full time assistance for eight weeks, at *no cost to you* (other
than a little guidance, as needed). All in all, it is a win-win situation
all around.

Many facilities have found that the externship program is an excellent way
to screen potential new employees. There is an opportunity to freshly mold
the student and train him or her in a way that is specific to the facility,
while gaining assistance for two months at no cost. Employment is never
implied, though it is always an option, should the student be the perfect
fit for your facility. All in all, the program is a great way to determine
if an individual will work well with your staff before making any kind of
commitment.

If you are interested in having *Histotechnology students* volunteer in
your facility, would like more information, or have any questions, please
email me, and I will respond as quickly as possible.

While most of the students prefer Florida sites, we do have students who
request to complete externships throughout the nation.We have partnered
with clinical sites in Georgia, Maryland, New York, Illinois and even the
Bahamas! Currently, we have requests from students to complete their
externships in the Los Angeles, CA area and Tampa, FL.

My email is kjgada at gmail.com or kgada at keiseruniversity.edu.

I look forward to hearing from you,

Komal

*Komal Gada, BS, HT/HTL(ASCP), QIHC*