[Histonet] Downtime

Nancy Schmitt Nancy_Schmitt at pa-ucl.com
Sun Apr 29 15:57:29 CDT 2018

Hello All-
We recently experienced some downtime with our computer systems - more than the usual 1-2 hours for maintenance.  Some was isolated to our Anatomic Pathology system, and some of the downtime was organization wide.  We are an independent laboratory system that operates with Cerner CoPath for Anatomic Pathology, MLab from McKesson for LIS and we then interface with Powerchart and EPIC at our hospitals.  There is nothing like a little downtime to make you take another look at your processes.  My questions:

1.       What computer product are you currently using for Anatomic Pathology?

2.       Are you satisfied?

3.       Do you have your own IT group or is it maintained by outside resources?

4.       Are you interfaced with hospital or other?

5.       What critical functions do you provide during downtime?  Are you giving verbal reports?  Are you typing reports on a backup laptop?
I appreciate any input you are willing to share and I am sure there will be others taking note of this valuable conversation!

Nancy Schmitt MLT, HT(ASCP)
Pathology Support Services Manager

NOTICE: This email may contain legally privileged information. The information
is for the use of only the intended recipient(s) even if addressed
incorrectly. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender
that you have received it in error and then delete it along with any
attachments. Thank you.