[Histonet] Film coverslips with UltraMap red detection

Alexis A. Templeton atempleton at tvmdl.tamu.edu
Fri Apr 6 10:35:46 CDT 2018

Hi Histonet!  I'm hoping to find some first hand experience to try to make my life easier.  We recently acquired a Sakura film coverslipper and love it.  We do a LOT of IHC staining that uses Ventana's (Roche) Ultramap Red Anti-Ms Alk Phos detection kit.  Historically, we've hand-coverslipped all of these slides with a xylene-based mounting medium to avoid having the red leach out of the tissue over time.  The slides I'm staining need to be of diagnostic quality for at least 3 years.  Has anyone been using this detection system with a film coverslipper long enough to say that you've had or not had issues?

Thank you for any feedback!

Alexis Templeton, HT (ASCP)CM
Diagnostic Laboratory Supervisor
Histopathology
Texas A&M Veterinary Medical Diagnostic Laboratory
P.O. Drawer 3040 | College Station, TX 77841-3040
p: (979) 845-3414 | f: (979) 845-1794
atempleton at tvmdl.tamu.edu<mailto:atempleton at tvmdl.tamu.edu>
http://tvmdl.tamu.edu<http://tvmdl.tamu.edu/>

Our physical (shipping) address is 483 Agronomy Road, College Station, TX  77840
________
**The contents of this email do not necessarily represent the views or policies of TVMDL. This email is intended for the recipient only and the information should not be released to third parties.