[Histonet] Storage of blanks (Charged slides)

Greg Dobbin greg.dobbin at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 08:38:26 CDT 2017

Hi Folks,
Can some of you share what your practices are regarding storage of blanks
for possible subsequent IHC orders?

Background: We cut a blank on every prostate core in case a PIN4 is ordered
after the H&Es have been read. So each week, we have 72-100 blank slides to
store. Space is an issue especially if we keep them in a freezer. Due to
space constraints, we are currently storing these blank slides in slide
filing fashion (ie front-to-back) in the -20 freezer.

Questions:
1) How long are you keeping your blank slides?
2) Under what storage conditions are you keeping then (ie Temp, in a box,
wrapped, stacked, etc)?

Thank you,
Greg

--
*Greg Dobbin*
1205 Pleasant Grove Rd

*Everything in moderation...even moderation itself**!*