[Histonet] validation inquiry regarding negative tissue

Eddie Martin edmartin26 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 25 15:50:16 CDT 2017

Hi Nancy,

The use of negative internal control tissue on your antibody testing for negative cases would have to be determined by your medical director/chief pathologist as acceptable.

You may also use Lipoma tissue as a negative control tissue. It works as a negative control for just about every antibody I can think about. There may also be a few antibodies that would have false positive staining with a lipoma, but a pathologist could read through that stuff.

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,
Eddie M.

Edward M. Martin, HTL, HT(ASCP), QIHC(ASCP)
Lead Hematopathology Medical Technologist
The National Institutes of Health
and
IHC Histotechnologist III
The Joint Pathology Center